Canadian Lawyers Available to Help You Here Include:
- Barrie Personal Injury Lawyers
- Brampton Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Brampton Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Brampton Personal Injury Lawyers
- Burlington Personal Injury Lawyers
- Calgary Class Action Lawyers
- Calgary Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Calgary Divorce Lawyers
- Calgary Family Law Lawyers
- Calgary Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Calgary Personal Injury Lawyers
- Hamilton Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Hamilton Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Hamilton Personal Injury Lawyers
- Kingston Personal Injury Lawyers
- London Personal Injury Lawyers
- Milton Personal Injury Lawyers
- Mississauga Personal Injury Lawyers
- Milton Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Newmarket Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Niagara Personal Injury Lawyers
- Oakville Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Oakville Employment Lawyers
- Oakville Personal Injury Lawyers
- Ottawa Contract Dispute Lawyers
- Ottawa Divorce Lawyers
- Ottawa Employment Lawyers
- Ottawa Estate Litigation Lawyers
- Ottawa Family Law Lawyers
- Ottawa Long Term Disability Lawyers
- Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyers
- Ottawa Prenuptial Agreement Lawyers
- Ottawa Will and Estate Lawyers
- Ottawa Immigration Lawyers
- Perth Personal Injury Lawyers
- Peterborough Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pickering and Ajax Personal Injury Lawyers
- Simcoe Personal Injury Lawyers
- Sudbury Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Sudbury Personal Injury Lawyers
- Toronto Divorce Lawyers
- Toronto Family Lawyers
- Toronto Business Lawyers
- Toronto Class Action Lawyers
- Toronto Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Toronto Cybersecurity Lawyers
- Toronto Employment Lawyers
- Toronto Immigration Lawyers
- Toronto Intellectual Property Lawyers
- Toronto Long Term Disability Benefit Lawyers
- Toronto Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Toronto Personal Injury Lawyers
- Toronto Real Estate Lawyers
- Toronto Mediators and Settlement Counsel
- Toronto Will and Estate Planning Lawyers
- Vancouver Divorce Lawyers
- Vancouver Family Lawyers
- Vancouver Personal Injury Lawyers
- Vaughan Divorce Lawyers
- Vaughan Family Lawyers
- Whitby Personal Injury Lawyers
When you’ve been injured in an accident, an experienced personal injury lawyer may be able to help you access compensation for the damages you have incurred.
Personal injury law is a diverse field of tort law that focuses on civil actions between parties. Personal injury lawsuits occur when a person has suffered mental, physical, or emotional harm as a result of the negligence or misconduct of another individual or corporate entity.
When a plaintiff files a personal injury lawsuit, they will generally seek compensation for damages such as medical, rehabilitation, and care costs; lost wages and future earnings; pain and suffering; and diminished ability to enjoy life. These damages are often the result of common events such as car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, boating accidents, or dog bites. The consequences of these accidents are far reaching and result in lengthy recovery periods. In the case of catastrophic injuries such as spinal injuries and brain injuries – these result in lifelong impairments and profound disability.
Personal injury lawyers also assist clients in accident benefits claims, insurance disputes, product liability cases, and medical malpractice claims.
In order for a personal injury lawsuit to be successfully resolved in the plaintiff’s favour, the plaintiff’s legal team must prove that he or she was owed a duty of care by the defendant, that the duty of care was breached, and that the breach resulted in damages. The amount of compensation available will depend on the severity and scope of the damages.
If you have been injured and are serious about pursuing a personal injury claim, your first step should be to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Many personal injury law firms offer free, no-obligation consultations and work on a contingency basis, meaning you won’t be asked to pay legal fees until your case has been successfully resolved. In all scenarios, a top personal injury lawyer will manage the legal process while you and your family focus on recovery.
Find Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Near You:
Medical malpractice, a variety of personal injury and tort law, occurs when an individual is injured as a result of the error or negligence of a medical professional or medical facility. When a person files a medical malpractice claim, they are seeking compensation for mental, physical, or emotional suffering, or loss of income; medical malpractice claims in Canada may also arise from violations of personal privacy.
Common forms of medical malpractice include: obstetrical malpractice, or malpractice relating to childbirth; surgical negligence; hospital and nursing errors; misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis; and medical product liability, wherein medical tools cause injury.
In Canada, the plaintiff in a medical malpractice case must prove that they were owed a standard of care by a medical professional or facility, that the defendant medical professional or facility failed to deliver the appropriate standard of care, that the plaintiff’s injuries were reasonably foreseeable, and that the defendant’s breach of the standard of care caused the plaintiff’s injuries.
Medical malpractice in Canada is a costly and complex field of law. The standard to prove that medical malpractice has taken place is high and doctors are well-represented by the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA), which leverages its multi-billion-dollar war chest to pursue scorched-earth defense tactics.
If you decide to pursue a medical malpractice claim, your first order of business should be to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer with expertise in the medical malpractice field. Many such lawyers offer free, no-obligation consultations to assess the viability of your claim. If a medical malpractice lawyer agrees to represent you, they are likely to offer their services on a contingency basis, wherein you will not pay legal fees until your case has been successfully resolved. For many clients, this is an important feature: medical malpractice cases are often exceptionally expensive and time-consuming. Contingency-based legal services allow plaintiffs the financial freedom they need to pursue rehabilitation and receive care.
Find Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyers Near You:
If you’ve been wrongly arrested and charged for a crime you did not commit, an experienced criminal defence lawyer can mean the difference between accessing justice and having your life significantly obstructed. A conviction can have a massive impact on your life – even if you don’t see jail time, a criminal record can make common pursuits like finding employment and travelling abroad incredibly difficult.
The Canadian legal system is often stacked against individuals who are charged with criminal offences. Federal, provincial, and municipal prosecutors have immense resources at their disposal; most criminal defendants do not. A criminal defence lawyer can help by providing the representation to which you are entitled by law – remember, you are innocent until proven guilty.
Through Experienced Lawyers Canada, you can find a lawyer that will thoroughly investigate your case, look for prosecutorial weaknesses, ensure your interests are represented, and present your defence in court. An experienced criminal defence lawyer will also investigate potential breaches of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms that occurred in the collection of evidence against you.
Criminal law is complex, requiring extensive knowledge of prior case law and recent legislation. The criminal lawyer that’s right for you will not only have years of experience, but will also take the time to listen to you, understand your circumstances, and respect your priorities.
Find Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyers Near You:
Have you been unfairly dismissed from your job? Have you been harassed or bullied at work? If so, an employment lawyer can help you seek compensation for the damages you have suffered.
At its core, employment law focuses on resolving workplace disputes; lawyers for employees represent their clients’ interests while lawyers for employers provide strategic guidance and advice to ensure issues are handled equitably.
Some common sources of workplace disputes include:
- Severance packages: an experienced employment lawyer can help you understand whether the severance package offered by your employer is fair. Severance is not necessarily tied to a period of pay; you are not guaranteed to receive one month’s or two weeks’ pay, for example. Severance packages also come in various structures and may include benefits in addition to a monetary sum. An employment lawyer will help you understand what you are entitled to and how to pursue it.
- Workplace harassment and bullying: in Canada, harassment may include comments or conduct that is known – or should reasonably be known – to be unwelcome to the recipient. Canadian employers are required to provide a work environment where staff do not fear harassment or bullying; when an employer fails to take the necessary steps to ensure this is the case, they can be held responsible for their inaction.
- Workplace discrimination: like workplace harassment and bullying, Canadian employers must provide a discrimination-free environment for employees. Discrimination may include any differential treatment based on gender, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, race, age, or disability.
- Wrongful dismissal: employers are free to dismiss employees as necessary, but must do so with sufficient forewarning and appropriate severance. If sufficient forewarning cannot be provided, fair payment must be made in lieu thereof. If you have been wrongfully dismissed, an employment lawyer may be able to help you recoup lost wages.
Find Experienced Employment Law Lawyers Near You:
When a family experiences a life-changing event such as the breakup of a longstanding marriage or the death of a loved one, a trusted family lawyer can inspire calm and manage the fallout. Family lawyers practice a unique form of law, one which requires compassion and understanding in addition to legal expertise.
Divorce lawyers are among the most sought-after family lawyers in Canada. An experienced divorce lawyer can help separating couples address numerous concerns, from child custody to child and spousal support to the division of marital property. Each of these contentious issues hinges on difficult questions: which parent is better-suited to caring for a child? Is sole custody, joint custody, shared custody, or split custody more appropriate? How much child support is appropriate? What should be done with the matrimonial home?
In some cases, couples may choose to arrange a prenuptial agreement or marriage contract to ensure assets are appropriately divided in the case of a separation. While this arrangement isn’t necessary for all couples, it can be helpful for some, and a family lawyer can ensure the contract is fair and equitable.
Family lawyers can also help resolve disputes related to wills and estates. When a loved one dies, don’t let arguments over money and inheritance taint your memory of that person. Trust an experienced family lawyer to oversee the reading of the will and probate, administer the estate or provide estate trustee services.
Find Experienced Family Law Lawyers Near You:
Real Estate Lawyers
Purchasing a home or a property is one of the biggest decisions a person can may make. Of course, real estate transactions are complex processes – an experienced real estate lawyer can provide guidance about everything from simple property transactions to complex disputes. Your lawyer can prepare purchase, mortgage, title, and transfer documents. They will ensure that your transaction agreement is legal, binding, and in your best interest; they can also provide due diligence, and offer help with commercial or residential lease agreements, tax issues, and mortgage refinancing.
Canada is known to be one of the world’s most welcoming nations to immigrants and refugees. However, immigrating to Canada remains a massive legal undertaking, one that requires the expertise of an experienced Canadian immigration lawyer.
People enter Canada in a number of ways, including via work permit, student visa, or as a refugee. In each case, earning Canadian citizenship requires a lengthy application process – prospective citizens must meet a number of criteria before they become official Canadians.
In Canada, the citizenship application process is stringent and complex. A Canadian immigration lawyer can offer assistance in preparing for citizenship tests; organizing necessary paperwork and documents, such as birth certificates and proof of marriage papers; and negotiating immediate access in emergency scenarios.
Each year, hundreds of people apply for Canadian citizenship, so any mistake or omission on your application can be costly; a capable Canadian immigration lawyer will ensure that your application for citizenship is clear and consistent.
Find Experienced Canada Immigration Lawyers Near You:
Business, Corporate, and Commercial Lawyers
From mergers and acquisitions to purchasing commercial real estate, the activities of Canadian businesses require legal representation on a regular basis. Indeed, access to astute legal guidance can be the difference between success and failure in the Canadian business environment.
Experienced Lawyers Canada grants access to corporate lawyers who will meet your unique business needs. Whether you’re expanding via acquisition or negotiating insolvency, an experienced business lawyer will ensure your bases are covered.
Find Experienced Business Law Lawyers Near You:
Experienced Lawyers Canada
A directory of some of the country’s most reputable personal injury lawyers, medical malpractice lawyers, criminal defence lawyers, employment lawyers, family lawyers, real estate lawyers, immigration lawyers, and corporate lawyers. If you need a lawyer in Canada, your search starts here.
In the world of online legal directories, Experienced Lawyers Canada stands apart: our strict criteria states that every lawyer appearing on this site must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Awarded Queen’s Counsel (Q.C.) designation
- Recognized as a ‘Certified Specialist’ by their respective bar association or law society
- Partner in a law firm in good standing with their province’s legal governing body
- Ten or more years of practice experience in focus area of law
A Resource for Canadian Lawyers
Canadian lawyers practice in a hyper-competitive landscape where competition is fueled by the rise of aggressive online marketing.
Experienced Lawyers Canada aims to provide a simple, clear platform where reputable lawyers can connect with Canadian consumers needing legal help.
By listing on Experienced Lawyers Canada, you will raise your online visibility and improve your chances of being discovered by ‘high intent’ searchers looking for an experienced lawyer like you.
Experienced Lawyers Canada offers video advertising services. Our team will script, edit, and shoot (if located in the GTA) video profiles or short commercials for your firm. You may choose either the classic talking-head lawyer’s profile or an extended profile including licensed music and b-roll footage.
Experienced Lawyers Canada offers three levels of listing service:
- Single-site listing: This level includes a keyword-rich profile to boost online visibility with the aim of growing your practice.
- Multi-site / Category listing: Don’t limit yourself to one particular service area – this package includes a keyword-rich listing on ExperiencedTorontoLawyers.ca or one of our other directories in addition to your main site listing here. It also gives you up to two city/category options. Call or email for details.
- Display Ads: This package includes, custom-built 300 x 250 px ads to match your firm’s branding, and comes with up to two lawyer profiles here and one of our sister sites.
A Resource for Canadians Looking to Find An Experienced Lawyer
Every Canadian requires legal help at some point in their life. When they do, they can rely on Experienced Lawyers Canada to help them find the representative that suits their specific needs. Our comprehensive legal directory allows prospective clients to search for experienced legal representation by region, by focus area, or by name.
Life is full of uncertainties – nobody plans to get seriously injured in a car accident or file for divorce from a marriage with three children. An experienced Canadian lawyer can help you navigate these unfortunate situations and ensure your interests are represented in the Canadian legal system.